Wellness Classes and Support Services
Our Living Well workshops help people struggling with chronic conditions live a better life. Participants learn ways to cope with illnesses such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, chronic pain, arthritis, and high blood pressure.
We offer three workshops as part of the Chronic Disease Self-Management Education programs developed by Stanford University:
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions
- Living Well with Chronic Pain
- Diabetes Self-Management
Through each six-week workshop you will develop the skills you need to:
- Set goals and problem-solve
- Manage fatigue, pain and stress
- Work better with your healthcare provider
- Make healthy food choices
- Improve your strength and endurance
The next 6 week workshop for Living Well with Chronic Conditions is Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:45pm - 3:00pm thru March 22, 2017 at Lynnwood Senior Center 19000 44th Ave west Lynnwood Wa. 98036
Please contact Shannon Reynolds at 425.265.2283 to register
Care Coordination is a free service that assists individuals who will be discharged from the hospital and is designed to help them manage their health after they return home.
- Provides the patient with valuable tools to better manage their health
- Increases the patient's satisfaction with the return home
- Reduces the patient's chance of readmission to the hospital
Patients are visited by a trained staff member from Senior Services of Snohomish County while in the hospital. A second visit occurs after the patient returns home. During the home visit, the patient is assisted in:
- Creating a Personal Health Record to assist them in communicating with their physician
- Identifying warning signs and who to contact if they notice their health worsening
- Creating an up-to-date medication list to share with their physician
- Following up with medical appointments after they return home from the hospital
Living Well Workshops
This program has volunteer opportunities - Learn More...
Senior Services of Snohomish County
4100 Alderwood Mall Blvd., Suite 1
Lynnwood WA 98036-6734
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday